Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chicken Salad


(Courtesy of Paula Deen)

2 Tbs. Lemon juice
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
3 1/2 cups finely diced cooked chicken (about 2 breasts)
2 stalks finely diced celery
3 green onions sliced thin

In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, mayo, salt & pepper. Toss with the chicken, celery, and onions. Serve on bread or croissant rolls.

Paula Deen's original recipe calls for 1/3 cup slivered almonds and no onions. I really like the onions and think it needs them. I also wasn't sure about the lemon juice, but I think it's what makes the recipe better (than others I have tried) and it doesn't have a lemon taste at all. I cooked the chicken in the slow cooker with water, salt & pepper for a few hours until it would shred easily. I Love this chicken salad!

No comments: