Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Short Ribs


I got this recipe off of the Campbell's website and then I changed a few things.

  1. 6 serving sized pieces beef short ribs (about 3 pounds) I think you could add a few more.
  2. 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
  3. 3 cloves garlic minced
  4. 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves crushed (I used about half that with ground thyme)
  5. 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  6. 1 can campbells condensed french onion soup
  7. 1 bottle (12 fluid ounces) dark ale, I used coke

I added 1 can campbells cream mushroom soup

Place the brown sugar, garlic, thyme and flour at the bottom of a 5 quart slow cooker mix ingredients and then add the short ribs and toss to coat them.

Stir the onion soup and coke in a bowl and mix then add cream mushroom soup and mix and pour over ribs in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours. or on high for 4- 5 hours.

Serve with mashed potatoes.

It made the best gravy for the potaotes and my family couldn't get enough of it. Also the meat was really tender. Very Yummy!!!!

No comments: